The All-New Watten House: A Luxurious Enclave in the Heart of Singapore
Have you ever wondered about an ideal haven in Singapore, brimming with luxury and surrounded by nature? Look no further than the Watten House. Formerly recognized as the Watten Residences, this brand-new freehold condo is positioned conveniently near the best of Singapore's amenities.
Watten House: At a Glance
- Location: Shelford Road, District 11, Singapore
- Property Type: Freehold Condominium
- Size: 220,241 sq. ft.
- Units: 286, spread across five-story buildings
Stepping Stones to Watten House
For those who value seamless connectivity, the Tan Kah Kee MRT Station (DT8) and Botanic Gardens MRT Station (CC19) on the Downtown Line (DTL) and Circle Line (CCL) are close by. Such accessibility, combined with its coveted location, means residents get the best of both urban and suburban life.
A Golden Investment Opportunity
How did this prized property come into existence? In a fierce 2021 bidding war, the UOL Group and Singapore Land Group (SingLand) secured the plot with a whopping $550 million offer. Their vision? To transform this gem into a lavish condo with spacious residential units.
A Rich Tapestry of Amenities
Living at Watten House is not just about four walls and a roof. It's about experiencing the luxury interwoven with convenience:
- Retail Delight: Coronation Shopping Plaza, King's Arcade Shopping Centre, and more are a stone's throw away.
- Educational Excellence: Proximity to esteemed institutions like Nanyang Primary School and Raffles Girls School.
- Culinary Adventures: From bustling Adam Road Food Centre to classy establishments like Rubato and Nami Korean Grill House, indulge your taste buds.
A Deal Sealed with Trust
The acquisition was no simple affair. On October 28th, the UOL and SingLand duo declared their collaboration via an 80:20 joint venture between United Venture Investments (UVI) and Singland Residential Development (SRD). While UVI chipped in $440.6 million (80%), SRD contributed the remaining 20%. This partnership signifies their commitment to elevating Singapore's residential landscape.
From Purchase to Promise
This acquisition isn't merely a transaction. For both UOL and SingLand, it's an opportunity to replenish their land banks in Singapore. Their primary intent? To redesign the property into a top-tier condominium, subject to the necessary nods from authorities.
Watten House: The Epitome of Luxury
Watten House is nestled in an elite district celebrated for its esteemed schools and grandiose residential estates. This condo stands out in Singapore's property market, with a high concentration of elite bungalows in its vicinity.
Fancy shopping? ION Orchard, 313@Somerset, and Ngee Ann City are just a short drive away. And for those moments when you just want to relax, the condo offers a tranquil environment perfect for BBQs and leisurely gatherings.
Thoughtful Design & Premium Amenities
Watten House isn't just a place to live; it's a lifestyle. From one to four-bedroom units, each space is intricately designed with top-notch fittings. Here, every day feels like a luxurious vacation.
Nature at Your Doorstep
Dubbed as the "Green lungs of Singapore," the Central Catchment Area is your next-door neighbor. Iconic spots like MacRitchie Reservoir and Singapore Botanic Gardens are a short walk away, ensuring residents remain close to nature.
Intelligent Living Defined
Watten House showcases what smart and opulent living feels like. With an array of communal amenities, retail, and leisure choices, residents can relish a life where work and play are balanced.
The Culinary & Retail Heart of Bukit Timah
Gourmands and shopaholics, rejoice! Adam Road Food Centre, Lana Cakes, and Baker & Cook are just some of the names that make the area a paradise. And for the retail therapy enthusiasts? Malls like Plaza Singapura and Orchard Central await.
Where is Watten House located?
Watten House is situated on Shelford Road in Singapore's District 11.
Who won the bid for Watten House's development?
The UOL Group and Singapore Land Group (SingLand) won the bid in 2021 with an offer of $550 million.
How many residential units does Watten House have?
The property boasts 286 units across five-story buildings.
What MRT stations are nearby?
The property is proximate to the Tan Kah Kee MRT Station (DT8) and Botanic Gardens MRT Station (CC19).
Are there shopping centers near Watten House?
Yes, shopping destinations like ION Orchard, 313@Somerset, and Ngee Ann City are a short drive away.
What are the amenities within Watten House?
Residents can enjoy facilities like playgrounds, pools, and dedicated pet areas, to name a few.
Watten House isn't just another property in Singapore's skyline; it's a testament to luxury, convenience, and smart living. Whether you're seeking a serene environment, proximity to nature, or unparalleled amenities, Watten House promises a life you've always dreamed of.